Sunday, November 14, 2010

Money Money Money

What reasons can you think of that make it difficult to dicuss money?    
A lot of people think of money as kind of a taboo topic. Why? Many would say that it just isn't others business, while some say that they don't really care. Here's what I think:
I think people who have a lot of money, are always worrier than  if they talk about their money, they'll seem all high and mighty, because their rich. Then those who may be struggling to make ends meet are afraid that their peers with more money will look down on them for having less. I don't know if that's right, because I feel when talking about money, you should just keep your business to yourself. What annoys me though, is when little kids ask how much money their family has, and the parent just says "Don't ask that"
 and doesn't really explain why. That always made me more curious. What do you think?


 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Hannah!
    Your post is very intuitive and in-depth. It was easy to read and had many good points from both ends of money situations. I think that it is very tempting to ask about money, especially because of the fact that people don't want you to. It's like a "Do Not Enter" sign. You want to enter to find out why they don't want you to enter. I've always found money to be a forbidden subject, too. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit on many important reasons that people are uncomfortable talking about finance. My parents never wanted to talk about it with me until I was older. Maybe people are worried that small kiddos will talk too freely? I would like to put these issues aside and really get into finance so you are all prepared for your futures!

    ReplyDelete

Hey