Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm... Czechoslovakian

http://www.everyculture.com/Cr-Ga/Czech-Republic.html
   
     Most of my family came from Czechoslovakia. In Czechoslovakia people eat a lot of different things, that I find gross and funny looking, but I'm sure that most of them think the food we eat in america is weird too.
Here's some some food that I think sounds most interesting:

  • Smetane: sour cream 
  • Pudink: pudding
  • Kapr: carp
  • Kynute Houscove Knedliky: yeast dumplings with sauteed bread cubes blended into the batter before steaming.
  • Husa: goose
  • Bramborove Knedliky: potato dumplings
Well... pudding and sour cream sounds okay to me, but the rest not so much. For sports, they have a lot of the same sports as America. Czechoslovakia has football, baseball, some tennis players (woo!!) and a nice ice hockey team. On another note, the most popular name for a boy in Czechoslovakia is Jakub, and for a girl, its Tereza. In America, the most popular baby name for a boy is Aidan, but for a girl its Sophia.

So.. that's my ethnic heritage! I'm am also a mix of...
  1.  Irish
  2.  Norwegian
  3.  German
So that just proves that America is a great big mixing pot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey