Thursday, November 4, 2010

Minnesota Election 2010... Another Recount?


November 2nd was Election Day. But, we still don't know who our governor is. Why? Tom Emmer was trailing behind Dayton by less than one percent. Because of that, we are forced to have an automatic recount. This reminds me of when Norm Coleman and Al Franken had the same issue a couple of years ago. We didn't know who our senator was for months.
Here’s what will happen:
1.      First election officials will double-check their numbers
2.      Then if they find a margin larger than 10,500 votes, it will trigger an automatic recount
3.      Then some people will have to start recounting votes by hand.
4.      Then they can declare a winner.

I find it annoying when we have to have recounts. I want to know who is our governor, and I’m sure those who have to count the votes aren’t too happy either. If I were in charge of the country (which I’m not) I think it would be easier to just have a revote, not including Tom Horner. This way voters would have to chose between Tom Emmer and Mark Dayton. We read an article for class on Minnesota Public radio. Click here to read it. What do you think should be done? Please comment with your thoughts:

Here is the article we read in class:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey